Itylee and Vienna

Itylee and Vienna

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

First Slipcover






Yeah! I finally Finished my first slipcover. It didnt take long to actually put it together but holy crap it took a lot of planning. First off I do not suggest doing a layZboy for your first project, second do not pick stripes for your first project especially if you have minimal to work with, third if you do not have Shelley's how to dvd your screwed and should stop right away and head over to http://customslipcoversbyshelley.blogspot.com/ and order your dvd right away. Trust me you will not regret it! The only way I made it through my project was with her amazing dvd.

I had to make 3 seperate pieces because I still wanted to use the recliner and be able to take the back off so I can easily move it around. My girls love their new pink chair and the best part is I bought the layZboy on ksl for 10$ and the material was a king size sheet in the "as is" section at Ikea for 10$ so for this lovely new addition I only had to spend 20$! Now I need to get to work on some pillows to top it off. Thanks again Shelley for putting that dvd together!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great!!! I did a recliner once and I haven't done one again...so good job making it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm pretty sure I will never do it again but atleast now I know I can easily make ones for my couches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I never wouldn't have thought about making one! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete