Itylee and Vienna

Itylee and Vienna

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Homemade Halloween decor


So Halloween is my all time favorite holiday and last year I did not decorate so this year I want to make up for it. Now since I don't have any money to spend on holiday decor I am going to be making all the decoration from stuff lying around my house. When James went on his business trip awhile back I was at Lowes and they had these HUGE screen sliding doors for 95% off they were only .78 cents! I had no Idea what to do with them I just knew I couldn't pass them up. Now I am glad I grabbed them. I bought like 4 of them and with one of them I took out the screen and put it on my front door. I then drew a spiderweb with chalk and cut it out. Then with another one I had my two girls and a neighbor girl lay down and I traced their bodies to make some shadow people, and topped it off with some of my cornstalks I dried from my garden. With the little black scraps of screen I put them in a vase and put it on my front entry table. So far I have liked the decor and I can't wait to make some more!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I like the decorations! I need to decorate this year...we didn't decorate last year either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You always amaze me with your creativity! I love the shadow people idea and I'm sure the girls loved helping you.

    ReplyDelete