Itylee and Vienna

Itylee and Vienna

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Transfer pictures

Woohoo. It's been forever. A lot has happened but it's not my fault I couldn't post. We did not have Internet but now we do! I will slowly update you on what I am doing and a ton of fun project. First We moved To Eagle Mountain and we love it here. My neighbors are all awesome and creative and so motivating. Now it's my turn. First I am not feeling so good today so I decided to just watch t.v. this morning. I was watching Katie Browns Workshop and she did this fun photo transfer thing that I just had to share. here is the link to her website with her instructions. http://katiebrown.com/kbep3.cfm?seasonid=3&episodeid=15&cat=nest.
First copy a picture onto regular paper. Warning do not just print one with a regular ink printer. My pictures do change through out the tutorial because I started with an Ink picture but it does not work & I forgot to take pictures of some steps.                      Next Overlap some packing tape over the pictures make sure it is nice and smooth and fully covered. Depending on the size of the picture this may take a couple strips of tape.

This is what it will look like after you tape it.
After you trim it.
Soak the picture In water and rub off the paper with your finger,

This is what it looks like with half of the paper rubbed off. When I first did this I thought I was doing something wrong because something were not staying on the tape. Then I realize the only parts were the white parts and that's because printers do not print white. DUH EMMIE. lol
This is the picture just up against my window because the snow is white the girls hats and jacket turns out great.
This is what it should look like. the toner has transferred to the tape and is now see through.
There are a ton of stuff you can put these pictures on but i can not tell you what I am doing quite yet because I am going to do something for Father's Day for my husband, dad and father in-law and for mother's day for my mom and mother in-law. But if you do something with this please let me know what you did so I can have some more ideas. Thank you!d

2 comments:

  1. This is a cute idea and I tryed it too.
    http://lasvegasbrowns.blogspot.com/2011/01/home-made-art.html

    ReplyDelete