Itylee and Vienna

Itylee and Vienna

Monday, August 15, 2011

James's Vacation fun or should I say my fun

Yeah I am finally posting again. I have been so busy but since Vienna has strep throat today and hasnt been on anitbiotics for 24hrs yet we are stuck inside for the day. Both of my kids are asleep right now so I am taking advantage of it and finally updating on what I did while James was out of town.Back in July James had to go to a two week trainning in Ohio. I was beyond excited for him to be gone. I had all my projected planned out and was counting the days till he was leaving. I love to suprise James with things so I had so much fun. My first project was our old kitchen table. I had dreams for this table at one point but we found a table that was going to be for my sewing room and James like it to much for a kitchen table so this old thing got left behind and was taking up space in my garage. Then I had a better dream for this old table. I first cut it straight down the middle with a skil saw using the same legs I was able to make a skinny table that fits behind our couch. Then with the other half of the table top I made a shelf/mantle to hold our tv above the fire place.

TABLE BEFORE
MANTLE/SHELF




 SKINNY TABLE. Maybe one day I will use it as an entryway table.
Next I went to Ikea and found these scraps except the brown board which was sitting in my garage and decided to make a bench/laundry storage. I know I had seen a bench similair to this that held laundry but I can not recall where. I want to say Ikea but when I looked around last I saw no such thing. the total of scraps cost 13$. Now I am no good at tutorials but my neighbor friend is. And I made my bench from a combination of this bench and this bench from her blog.

SCRAPS FROM IKEA






Bench before I painted

BENCH AFTER AND NO IT'S NOT A TOILET HOLE IT'S TO HIDE LAUNDRY
I have some more project that I have not currently finished but will try to very soon.

2 comments:

  1. You are so creative Emmie! Totally inspiring for me to get to all my projects that are just sitting around.

    ReplyDelete